(CDLT Pre-Conference Symposium on Innovations in Distance Education and Technology:
The 2018 Commission for Distance Learning and Technology (CDLT) “Pre-Conference Symposium on Innovations in Distance Education and Technology” for adult learners will be held as part of the AAACE Conference on October 2, 2018, from 9 am until 4 pm at the Myrtle Beach Marriott Resort & Spa in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Proposal submissions are due by April 30, 2018. PLEASE NOTE: This process ONLY applies to proposals for presentation at the “CDLT Pre-Conference Symposium.”
Symposium Theme and Presentation Topics
The theme “Innovations in Distance Education and Technology” for adult learners welcomes diverse perspectives from practitioners, faculty, graduate students, trainers, instructional designers, managers, nonprofits, health-related organizations, businesses, consultants and all others who utilize distance education, social media and other technologies in meeting the needs of adults in a wide variety of subjects.
Topics may include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Uses of new distance education and social media technologies for adults
· New or innovative ways of using current technologies
· Future directions of online learning for adults
· Online adult learning/teaching strategies
· Innovations in instructional design and development for adult learners
· Student services for online learning
· Underserved populations in distance education
· Communities of practice
· Sense of place in online or hybrid learning
· Uses of social media for educational or promotional (marketing) purposes
· Ways to promote online degrees or programs for adults
· Digital citizenship (also digital literacy, digital access, digital health, information fluency, etc.)
· “How To” or “Best Practice” Sessions
· Research (Phenomenological, action research and other types)
· Many more – the choices are endless!
AAACE/CDLT members and non-members are encouraged to participate. New members are welcome! Selected presenters are also encouraged though not required to publish short blog articles in The CDLT News, the commission’s blog newsletter, after the conclusion of the symposium. Webinar opportunities through the CDLT/AAACE may also be available.
Submitting a Proposal
Sessions will include an opening workshop, followed by individual and group presentations with A/V equipment. The common factor linking all accepted proposals is relevance to and advancement of adult teaching and learning in a wide variety of community-based or higher education settings that utilize distance education or technology for instruction. The Program Committee may, at its discretion, suggest alternate formats or combine sessions with similar topics into panels or shared sessions to enhance the exchange of ideas among those with similar interests. Visit http://www.aaace.org/page/2018CFP to apply as a presenter for the 2018 CDLT Pre-Conference Symposium on Innovations in Distance Education and Technology. * * Be certain to select “CDLT Pre-Conference” as your interest area in ProposalSpace.
Registration, Fees, and Hotel Information
Visit http://www.aaace.org/page/2018ConfReg to access registration fees and the online registration system.
Visit http://www.aaace.org/page/2018HotelTravel to access hotel and travel information.
* * All presenters and attendees for the CDLT Pre-Conference Symposium must register for both the CDLT Pre-Conference and a minimum of one-day of the AAACE annual conference. The CDLT Pre-Conference includes hot and cold beverages as the symposium begins and a sandwich bar for lunch. All conference registrants are invited to attend the Tuesday evening AAACE opening reception, once the CDLT Pre-Conference concludes. The reception includes a cash bar and additional networking opportunities.
Questions about this Call for Presenters may be shared via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Include “CDLT Pre-Conference Symposium” in the subject line of your email.
Proposals are not required to include data or be research based for consideration.