What's New at the 2017 Conference?
by Christy M. Rhodes, 2017 Chair
Who’s ready for interesting and informative sessions, stimulating conversations, and a wealth of chances to network with professionals in our field? Those are just some of the activities we’re planning for the 66th
Annual AAACE Conference in Memphis, Tennessee. Here’s a taste of what will be going on:
Opportunities to Connect Before AAACE 2017
- Over 185 concurrent, roundtable, poster, and commission-sponsored sessions
- Keynote addresses by leading adult education authors and professionals
- Specialized workshop offerings at pre- and co-conferences
- “I am an Adult Educator Day”
- Memphis bbq dinner and tour of the National Civil Rights Museum followed by a presentation on the Highlander Research and Education Center
Connecting with each other doesn’t only happen at the conference. We will be sharing updates through our newsletter and email blasts, as well as through our conference app and social media. Here’s how you can be in touch with us:
Commission for Graduate Students of Adult Education Facebook Page
- #aaace2017 ; #onechorusmanyvoices
AAACE Commission for International Adult Education
CABEL: Commission for Adult Basic Education
Stay tuned for more details about our conference app!
Opportunities to Connect at AAACE 2017
We will continue to find ways to help you connect with each other in Memphis. There are plenty of spaces to sit and relax with friends both in the Sheraton Downtown Hotel and the Convention Center. Once again, you’ll be able to meet people and get updates at Connection Central, as well as attending your commission-sponsored meetings and sessions. In addition to the ever-popular Graduate Student Breakfast, we’ll also be holding an Early-Career Faculty networking event and a First-time Attendee orientation. If you have any ideas about creating more connections, please share them with the conference planning committee through my email: email@example.com
There is so much more planned, but we’ll leave that for our next newsletter.