AAACE Announces Editors
Monday, April 10, 2017
AAACE Announces Editors for the 2020 Handbook of Adult and Continuing Education and AAACE Journals
The mission of the American Association for Adult and Continuing Education (AAACE) is to provide leadership for the field of adult and continuing education by expanding opportunities for adult growth and development; unifying adult educators; fostering the development and dissemination of theory, research, information, and best practices; promoting identity and standards for the profession; and advocating relevant public policy and social change initiatives.
In order to satisfy this mission, every ten years since the 1930's, AAACE has produced an edited handbook that engages contemporary issues, research, and practices in the field of adult and continuing education. The editors of this text are selected through a competitive bidding process. Working in partnership with Stylus Publishing, it is at this time that AAACE is pleased to share that the editors of the 2020 Handbook of Adult and Continuing Education are:
- Tonette Rocco, Florida International University
- M Cecil Smith, West Virginia University
- Robert C. Mizzi, University of Manitoba
- Lisa Merriweather, University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- Josh Hawley, Ohio State University
The editorial team is a highly diverse group of editors, consisting of U.S. and international scholars whose individual disciplines – adult education, human resource development, educational psychology, and economic and workforce development -- represent much of the social, philosophical, theoretical, and methodological diversity of AAACE itself.
The editors plan to develop a handbook for the field that will emphasize current and emerging theoretical perspectives, philosophies of practice, broad interdisciplinary, epistemological, and methodological approaches to adult and continuing education, and identification and descriptions of adult learner populations that have been previously invisible, unexamined, or marginalized by policymakers and educators. Interested authors should consult the attached Call for Chapters for further information.
We would also like to recognize the AAACE Journal editors:
- Ann Brooks, Texas State University
- Geleana D. Alston, North Carolina A&T State University
Journal of Transformative Education
- Chad Hoggan, North Carolina State University
- Kaisu Mälkki, University of Helsinki
- Fergal Finnegan, Maynooth University, National University of Ireland
Adult Education Quarterly
- Jeff Zacharakis, Kansas State University
- Leona M. English, St. Francis Xavier University
- Catherine A. Hansman, Cleveland State University
- Qi Sun, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Please join us in congratulating this editorial team on their successful bid!