It is a pleasure to announce the opportunity for graduate students to apply for a limited number of scholarships for the AAACE National Conference registration fee (November 8-11, Albuquerque, New Mexico). The conference fees for the Commission for International Adult Education (CIAE) Pre-Conference and/or the Commission of Professor of Adult Education (CPAE) Co-Conference are also included. Registration fees are reimbursed to the scholarship recipient approximately one month following the completion of the annual conference.
The criteria for the selection committee to award the scholarship include:
- The applicant has not been awarded a full AAACE Graduate Student Scholarship in previous years;
- Meets the stated number of completed credit hours at the time of application: (12 credit hours in a MS/MA/MAE degree program or 30 hours in a doctoral program);
- Applicant’s thoughtful, articulate statement about how attending the AAACE national conference will have an impact on your development as a scholar/practitioner in adult education (100 -150 word minimum);
- Applicant must attest to being in good academic standing in a graduate degree program;
- Applicant must have the endorsement of the program advisor (or chair) of the degree program;
- Applicant must agree to this stipulation: “If I receive this conference registration scholarship, I agree to provide a minimum of 10 hours of volunteer service during the AAACE Conference in Albequerque, New Mexico.”
- Applicant agrees to complete a reflective paper with observations and constructive recommendations for continuous improvement on the conference experience (400-500 words) and return to the Review Committee Chair, Dr. Elizabeth Anne Roumell at firstname.lastname@example.org by November 30, 2016.
Submit the Online Application Here
For priority consideration, complete applications must be submitted through the online form by Friday, September 16, 2016. Address application materials and questions to: Scholarship Review Committee Chair, Dr. Elizabeth Anne Roumell, email@example.com.