AAACE provides multiple avenues for collaboration among members and non-members through the use of social media. The following policy will be posted to all social media accounts maintained by AAACE, its Commissions, Interest Groups, or other AAACE-related entity:
The following rules govern your use of AAACE social media and your participation is implied agreement to abide by these rules.
AAACE reserves the right to remove, edit, or alter in any way content deemed inappropriate for any reason, without notification.
AAACE social media, and any postings or comments made by users, should not contain or link to language or images that:
- Are libelous, defamatory, obscene, threatening, offensive, abusive, ad hominem, or off-topic
- Contain content that is confidential or proprietary to AAACE or its members
- Are intended for commercial purposes, such as solicitation of funds, promotion of commercial entities or engaging in other commercial activity
- Endorses or opposes any political candidate or party or any partisan political position
- Include spam or chain letters
- Violate a third party’s right to privacy or any other applicable local, state, national or international law
- Degrade others on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual preference, disability, or other classification.
- Infringe on any third party’s copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights
Authors who create, post, and/or comment on AAACE social media will:
- Ensure that the posted material does not violate any term or condition of this policy
- Represent that they have the legal right to reproduce, adapt, display, and distribute the material and that it does not infringe the copyright, trademark, patent trade secret, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights of any other person or entity
- Include their name in the creation of social media channels and with each post or comment; anonymous activity is not permitted
- Understand that by submitting, posting, or displaying content on or through an AAACE site, user grants AAACE a non-exclusive, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free license to reproduce, publish and distribute such content in any media, either existing now or in the future, in its sole discretion
- Certify that they are of legal age (18 or older)
Disclaimer: The opinions of contributors to AAACE social media are their own, and not necessarily that of AAACE.