You are invited to join a workshop open to all CASAE members interested in submitting a proposal for the CASAE Conference taking place in Vancouver, June 3-6, 2020. This workshop will give you further information on what to include in your proposal and provide opportunity to ask questions.
This workshop will be offered through the Zoom conferencing program on Friday, September 20th from 2:00 to 3:15 pm EDT.
How long will it be?
Approximately one hour.
What will be covered?
1. Welcome and introductions.
2. Review of the Call for Proposalshttp://www.casae-aceea.ca/sites/casae/files/AEGT2020_CfP_final_EN.pdf
3. This will include a review of the different sections of the call with a focus on the types of proposals and sessions:
• Full Paper: Full papers report on empirical work completed or well underway, explore theorization or engage in a substantive analysis of the literature.
• Research Roundtable: Research roundtables provide an opportunity to discuss research in progress or theoretical or methodological issues.
• Symposium: In a symposium, a group of three or more delegates present and discuss diverse or conflicting perspectives on a topic of interest to adult education practitioners and scholars.
• Panel: In a panel, three or more participants present and discuss research or research-related issues on a common theme or from a common perspective. It is distinguished from a symposium by the lack of differing views or perspectives among the panelists.
4. Overview of the information required in the proposal (relevant literature, theoretical/conceptual framework, findings (if research-oriented), and implications.
5. Overview of the format of the submission.
Where will this take place?
Over the internet through the Zoom conferencing program. As such, there would be no limit on the number of people who can register.
When will this take place?
Friday, Sept. 20th 2:00 to 3:15 pm EDT
Who will facilitate the session and who can attend?
Susie Brigham, President of CASAE, will be the facilitator. She is a Co-Chair for the 2020 Conference. All CASAE members are welcome to attend!
How do I register?
Please send a note to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. In that note indicate that you would like to attend the session, and also include any questions you would like Susie to address. Although there is no limit to the number of people who can register, we would like to know who is attending.
For the CASAE Membership Committee