Print Page | Contact Us | Report Abuse | Sign In | Join or Create a Guest Account
Peter Jarvis
Moderator(s):
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

11/28/2018 at 4:59:50 PM GMT
Peter Jarvis
Shared by Professor John Holford: 

Dear friends and colleagues,

It is with deep sadness that I write to let you know that my colleague, friend and teacher, Peter Jarvis, died this morning. As many of you will know, he had been ill for some time, and his last few months have been particularly difficult. Peter was an enthusiastic adult educator, an outstanding teacher and scholar, a great servant of the University of Surrey, a Methodist minister, good company – and above all, a warm and steadfast friend. Also among the many achievements with which he has enriched us are dozens of books, the International Journal of Lifelong Education (which he co-founded, and edited for 35 years), and the deeply humane and democratic theories of human learning and its social significance that he developed and shared.

I spoke to Maureen, his wife, this afternoon and she has asked me to share the sad news with Peter’s many friends, colleagues and former students. Many, of course, I do not know or have lost touch with, so please do speak about it with them, and with members of the adult education community which he valued so much. Details of his funeral will be available later.

John.

Professor John Holford

Robert Peers Chair in Adult Education, University of Nottingham

https://www.surrey.ac.uk/news/professor-peter-jarvis-remembered

Attached Images:

Last edited Monday, December 10, 2018
Please click here for AAACE's Statement on Copyright