Call for Nominations
Thursday, July 26, 2018
*CALL FOR NOMINATIONS*
2018 CPAE Awards
DEADLINE: August 1, 2018
We are seeking applications for the 2018 CPAE Early Career Award and the 2018 CPAE Career Achievement Award described below. Full applications for these awards should be submitted to Bo Chang and Steve Schmidt, CPAE Awards Committee Co-Chairs by August 1, 2018. Submission of these materials should be done by email with pdf attachments of the required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Early Career Award
This award honors individuals who are in the early stages of their academic career, and who have made significant contributions in scholarship and service to the field. Each year CPAE seeks to honor one individual at the assistant professor level or equivalent who demonstrates excellence in research and publication and potential capacity for leadership in the field. Nomination letters should be included with the full submission package and should include a clear rationale for why the person should be considered. The nominator should also solicit two letters of support from colleagues to be included in the application package. The nominee should submit one packet of information that includes the components noted below.
By August 1, 2018, the nominee is required to submit a packet of information (preferably one .pdf document) that includes the following:
· Nomination letter (written by the nominator). Individuals may not self-nominate.
· Two letters of support from colleagues (these letters should be solicited by the nominator)
· A packet of materials, not to exceed 25 pages, including a cover letter, current CV, materials representative of his or her work, and the three letters noted above.
Career Achievement Award
The Career Achievement Award recognizes the scholarly contributions of individuals who, over a sustained period of years, have deepened the knowledge base of the field through a solid, sustained, scholarly agenda. Offered every three years, beginning in 2001, CPAE will honor one individual who has produced a body of work regarding a particular problem, topic, or area within the discipline over the course of at least 7 to 10 years. Two key questions will guide the awarding of this honor:
• To what extent has the research moved us ahead and brought us to a greater understanding and/or opportunities to seriously reconsider previous understanding?
• To what extent does the work of this individual stand as a solid example of and offer encouragement for progressive research for the field?
A person must be nominated by someone other than him/herself. The person making the nomination will contact the individual being nominated to seek his/her approval.
By August 1, 2018, the nominator is required to submit one packet of information (preferably one .pdf document) that includes the following:
· Nomination letter (including the nominee’s name and all pertinent contact information).
· A signed letter from the nominee accepting the nomination
· Two additional references
· The nominee’s CV
Selection Process and Award Presentation
The award recipients will be selected based on the materials submitted by a committee of four academic adult educators, with at least one at the full professor level. Nominees will be notified of the results prior to the CPAE Co-Conference.
The presentation of the awards will be made at the CPAE annual meeting in October in Myrtle Beach.