ProLiteracy Journal Issue Now Available
Friday, November 8, 2019
Volume 1, Issue 2 of ProLiteracy’s research journal,Adult Literacy Education: The International Journal of Literacy, Language, and Numeracy is now available. Download here.
Adult Literacy Education is a peer-reviewed, online journal that will be available twice per year. The journal will publish research on adult basic and secondary education and transitions into the workplace and higher education. Research will reflect best practices in adult education to inform practitioners, researchers, policy makers, and funders.
The journal is FREE and available as one document or as separate articles for download. We encourage you to circulate the journal widely to share timely, relevant topics and practices in adult education research. This issue includes:
- Health Insurance Literacy and Low Wage Earners: Why Reading Matters
- Journeys of Transcultural Literacies: Working toward Transformative Learning in Adult Literacy Education
- The PIAAC Numeracy Framework: A Guide to Instruction
Forum: Immigration and ESL
- Why White Instructors Should Explore their White Racial Identity
- “Race”ing White Instructors: Beyond the Black-White Binary
- Response to Stephen Brookfield’s Why White Instructors Should Explore their White Racial Identity
- Response to Edith Gnanadass and Shantih E. Clemans
- Foundations of Adult and Continuing Education
- The Open Door Collective: The Workforce Basic Skills Resources Collection
- Cultivating Creativity in Adult Literacy Education Settings
Technology Solutions for Adult Basic Skills Challenges
- Blended Learning Program Development
Please send questions or comments to ALEjournal@proliteracy.org. We hope you enjoy reading this issue!