Call for Applications: Now closed
It is a pleasure to announce the opportunity for graduate students to apply for a limited number of conference grants for the AAACE Annual Conference registration fees. The 2019 Conference will be held in St. Louis, MO, October 8-11, 2019. The conference fees for the Commission for International Adult Education (CIAE) Pre-Conference (Oct. 7-8), the Commission for Distance and Technology (CDLT) Pre-Conference Symposium on Innovations in Distance Education and Technology (Oct. 8) and/or the Commission of Professor of Adult Education (CPAE) Co-Conference (Oct. 10) are also included. Registration fees are reimbursed to the grant recipient approximately one month following the completion of the annual conference.
For conference information, click here: 2019 AAACE Annual Conference
The deadline date for submission is June 30, 2019 and you will receive notification of acceptance approximately the 2nd week of August. The CPAE EC will review and choose conference grants based on the selection criteria noted below. Please note that the grant acceptance process is not the same as the proposal acceptance process. Please review the following requirements prior to your submission:
- AAACE shall award up to 10 conference grants on an annual basis to support graduate student members’ attendance the annual conference.
- All conference grant recipients must be AAACE members from the time of application through the duration of the Annual Conference.
- The conference grant consists of waiver or reimbursement of the conference registration fee at the Early Bird rate and any desired pre- or co-conference fees in the year of receiving the scholarship. Additional ticketed events are not subject to waiver/reimbursement.
- Conference grant recipients must register for the annual conference by the Early Bird registration deadline.
- The application and selection process are overseen by CPAE - Co-Chairs: Kalpana Gupte and Daphne Ntiri.
- The applicant has not previously been awarded an AAACE conference grant;
- The applicant meets the stated number of completed credit hours by August, 2019: 12 credit hours in a MS/MA/MAE degree program or 30 hours in a doctoral program;
- The applicant has submitted a thoughtful, articulate statement about how attending the AAACE national conference will have an impact on his or her development as a scholar/practitioner in adult education (100-150 word minimum);
- The applicant attests to being in good academic standing in a graduate degree program;
- The applicant has the endorsement of the academic advisor of the degree program;
- Any conference grant recipient who fails to attend the annual conference without notice shall be subject to payment for the full conference fee, including any pre- or co-conferences or ticketed events registered for.
For priority consideration, complete applications must be received by June 30, 2019. If you have questions regarding the process contact Kalpana Gupta at Kalpana.Gupta@colostate.edu and Daphne Ntiri at email@example.com.