AAACE Proposal Submission Guide
We suggest that your prepare your proposal offline, and when complete with grammar and spelling carefully checked, block and paste it into ProposalSpace. Please note that special characters may not translate in the web-based submission process. Please be especially thoughtful of italics, and special characters.
- There are primary and secondary presenters. There can only be one primary presenter, but multiple secondary presenters.
- You may be a primary presenter on only one proposal for the general conference; however, you may be included on other general conference proposals as an additional presenter and you may be a primary presenter on proposals submitted to the CIAE, CDLT, and CPAE pre- and co-conferences.
- The following information for each primary and secondary presenter(s) will be needed: name, the email address each used to create each individual’s Proposal Space account, organization, work title, and phone number. If a secondary presenter does not have a Proposal Space account, one can be manually added during the proposal submission process.
The following information will be needed in order to submit your proposal.
Title for your Session:
Do not use APA style but capitalize in ordinary title fashion. Do not use all capital letters.
(required 15 word limit)
Select the FIRST area
in which your presentation best fits. (drop-down menu, required)
Adult Basic Education and Literacy Education
Adult Psychology and Counseling
CDLT PreConference Symposium: Emerging Issues in Distance Learning or Technology for Adult Learners
CDLT PreConference Symposium: Current issues in Distance Learning or Technology for Adult Learners
CDLT PreConference Symposium: Research & Theory in Distance Learning or Technology for Adult Learners
CDLT PreConference Symposium: Best Practices in Distance Learning or Technology for Adult Learners
CDLT PreConference Symposium: Other Topics
Colleges and Universities
Community, Minority, and Non-Formal Education
Community, Vocational, and Technical Colleges
CPAE CoConference: Emerging Issues for Faculty in Higher Education
CPAE CoConference: Professional Development Workshop
CPAE CoConference: Research & Theory
Distance Learning (Technology and Online Learning)
Graduate Student Education
History and Philosophy of Adult Education
Human Resource Development and Training
International Adult Education
Learners with Disabilities and Special Needs
Program Management and Administration
Research to Practice
Sustainability and Environmental Adult Education
Undergraduate Student Education
Women’s Issues, Status, and Education
Workforce Development, Continuing Education, and Professional Development
Select the SECOND area in which your presentation fits. (drop-down as above, optional)
Presentation Format Requested: Select the type of session you wish as your first choice. The Review Committee reserves the right to assign an accepted proposal to a different type of presentation format.
• Concurrent Session (45 minutes)
• Shared Concurrent (45 minutes; 2 at approx. 20 minutes each or 3 at approx. 12 minutes each)
• Roundtable (45 minutes)
• Fast Format (7 minutes)
• Poster Exhibit (60-90 minutes)
• CDLT PreConference Only: Concurrent (20 to 45 minutes)
• CDLT PreConference Only: Fast Format (7 minutes)
• CPAE CoConference Only: Emerging Issue or Research & Theory (45 Minute Concurrent)
• CPAE CoConference Only: Professional Development Workshop (90 minutes)
2nd Choice Presentation Format Requested (selections as above, required):
If not accepted as 1st choice Presentation Format, you may be considered as your 2nd choice format.
Keywords: Please list at least 3 keywords (required)
Session Abstract (50 word limit, required)
Target Audience (100 word limit, required)
Please describe your target audience. This will be printed so please check spelling and grammar carefully.
Learning Outcomes (100 word limit, required)
What will learners know or be able to do as a result of attending this session? Limit: 100 words
Session Description (200 word limit, required)
Summarize your session noting its importance, impact, innovation, and timeliness. Please do not leave a blank line between paragraphs.
Format & Technique (100 word limit)
How do you plan to organize and present this session?
Efforts are made to schedule sessions on the day preferred by the Primary Presenter, though this cannot be guaranteed. Please check your preference (required).
• No preference
• CDLT PreConference: Tuesday, October 8
• Wednesday, October 9
• Thursday,October 10
• Friday, October 11
• CPAE CoConference: Thursday, October 10
The acceptance of the following statements/confirmations are required:
Registration Required in order to be Scheduled: I understand that the primary presenter will need to be registered and payment submitted for the conference by Wednesday, July 17 in order for the presentation to be scheduled.
I have set Proposalspace.com as a safe sender to my email system: All communications about the acceptance and scheduling of accepted proposals will come from the email system within ProposalSpace.com. Please be sure to set your permissions in your email system to accept emails from this source or you may miss important communications.
Email Address: The email address I used to register my account with Proposal Space and is listed in my User Profile is the same email I have provided with the submission of my proposal. Please update your profile if needed (instructions below), otherwise you will miss important communication.
** The email address ProposalSpace uses to send you messages about your proposal is stored in your User Profile. To update that email address, just follow these steps:
- Log in to the site (https://proposalspace.com/login)
- Click your name in the top, right hand corner of any page. This will take you to your User Profile.
- Click the Edit My Account Details link on the right-hand side of the page.
- Update your email address and click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the page.
The information in your User Profile is used to pre-fill information in your proposals. If you change the email address in your User Profile, it will be used to pre-fill future proposals but will NOT affect any existing proposals.
Likewise, if you edit your email address in a proposal, that change is limited to the proposal and does NOT affect your user profile.
Questions or issues?
Proposal Content: firstname.lastname@example.org
General Conference, AAACE Membership, or aaace.org Access: email@example.com
ProposalSpace.com Access or User Profile Assistance: firstname.lastname@example.org