Call for Applications: The Call is Now Closed
It is a pleasure to offer tuition grants to graduate students to attend the 2020 AAACE Annual Conference. The tuition grant covers registration fees for attendance at the main AAACE conference and the CDLT Pre-conference. Registration fees are reimbursed to the grant recipient approximately one month following the completion of the annual conference.
The deadline date for submission is July 31, 2020 and you will receive notification of
acceptance approximately the 2nd week of August. The CPAE Executive Committee will review and choose conference grants based on the selection criteria noted below. Please note that the grant acceptance process is not the same as the proposal acceptance
process. Please review the following requirements prior to your submission:
- AAACE shall award up to 12 conference grants on an annual basis to support the conference attendance of graduate student members who have received an acceptance to present at the conference.
- All conference grant recipients must be AAACE members from the time of application through the duration of the Annual Conference.
- The tuition grant consists of waiver or reimbursement of the conference registration fee at the Early Bird rate and any desired pre- or co-conference fees in the year of receiving the scholarship. Additional ticketed events are not subject to
- Conference grant recipients must register for the annual conference by the Early Bird registration deadline.
- The application and selection process are overseen by CPAE. Co-Chairs: Daphne Ntiri and Geleana Alston.
All applicants for the graduate tuition grant should meet the following criteria:
Must have the official endorsement of the academic advisor of the Adult Education degree program in which the candidate is enrolled (institutional letterhead endorsement is required)
- Must meet the required number of completed credit hours by the due date of that year (12 credit hours in a MS/MA/MAE degree program or 30 hours in a doctoral program)
- Must not have been a previous recipient of the award
- Must use award funds solely for the purpose of attending the conference and not for other school related expenses
- Must provide at least two (2) hours of volunteer time at the conference
- Must prepare and submit a well thought out and articulate statement reflecting the future impact of the AAACE conference on his or her development as a scholar/practitioner in adult education (100-150 word minimum)
*Any grant recipient who fails to attend the annual conference without notice shall be subject to repayment of the full conference fee, including fees for any pre/co-conferences or ticketed events.
For priority consideration, submit applications by July 31, 2020.
If you have questions regarding the process, please contact
Daphne Ntiri at email@example.com or Geleana Alston at firstname.lastname@example.org.