CGS confers a Graduate Student Leadership Award that recognizes a graduate student who has engaged in outstanding leadership, service, research, and practice in adult and continuing education. The Graduate Student Leadership Award is intended to recognize exceptional achievement in adult learning graduate studies.
- Nominee must be a member of AAACE
- Nominee must be able to accept the award personally at the AAACE Conference
- Nominee must be current graduate student enrolled in either Master’s or PhD program
- Nominee must demonstrate leadership ability or potential for exercising leadership in teaching, learning, or research, with a strong commitment to academic and civic responsibility
- Nominees CAN self-nominate
Individuals can self-nominate or may be nominated by a faculty member or advisor. To nominate a graduate student, please submit the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Summary Statement:
Nominator must submit a summary statement (500 words or less) that highlights why the individual should be consider for the leadership award in one of the following categories:
- Two Letters of Support:
- Letter of nomination from an academic advisor or faculty member that includes a concise description of the nominee’s contributions in the selected category
- Letter of support from professional reference, second faculty member, or administrator
- The call will open in the spring and nominations and supporting documentation are due in August of each year.
- Nominations must be submitted online.
- The selection committee of three to five CGS members will be appointed by the CGS Director. This committee will be responsible for reviewing nomination packages and selecting award recipients in the selected categories.
- The appointed committee will complete the review and selection process by late summer.
- Winner will be notified by letter in September after the awardees have been selected.
- Non-winners will also be notified in writing.
Questions: Contact Josie Andrews (email@example.com)