The Commission for Graduate Student of Adult Education (CGS) confers a Graduate Student Leadership Award that recognizes a graduate student who has engaged in outstanding leadership, service, research, and practice in adult and continuing education. The Graduate Student Leadership Award is intended to recognize exceptional achievement in adult learning graduate studies.
- Nominee must be a member of AAACE
- Nominee must be able to accept the award personally at the AAACE Conference
- Nominee must be current graduate student enrolled in either Master’s or doctorate program
- Nominee must demonstrate leadership ability or potential for exercising leadership in teaching, learning, or research, with a strong commitment to academic and civic responsibility
- Nominees CAN self-nominate
Individuals can self-nominate or may be nominated by a faculty member or advisor. To nominate a graduate student, please submit the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Summary Statement:
Nominator must submit a summary statement (500 words or less) that highlights why the individual should be consider for the leadership award in one of the following categories:
- Two Letters of Support:
- Letter of nomination from an academic advisor or faculty member that includes a concise description of the nominee’s contributions in the selected category
- Letter of support from professional reference, second faculty member, or administrator
- Nominations and supporting documentation are due by June 5, 2020.
- Nominations must be submitted in PDF document.
The Graduate Student Selection Committee works with the CGS to provide general oversight for the Leadership Award process. The selection committee consists of three to five CGS members who are appointed by the CGS Director. This committee will be responsible for reviewing nomination packages and selecting award recipients. When possible, the most recent recipient of the Graduate Student Leadership Award is asked to Chair or Co-chair the committee the following year.
Winner will be notified by letter after the awardees have been selected. Non-winners will also be notified in writing.