Link to Commission: Click here to enter the Commission for Graduate Students of Adult Education network.
Contact: Josie Andrews (email@example.com)
Purpose and focus: The purpose of the Commission for Graduate Students is to support graduate student members. The Commission focuses on helping members make the most of their conference experiences, build a professional support network and prepare for future careers.
Goal: The Commission’s goal is to provide graduate student members with many opportunities to build their professional network with professors and other professionals working in the various fields related to Adult Education.
- Graduate Student Breakfast. This breakfast is held annually. It provides members an opportunity to interact with the professors in Adult Education and also offers members a chance to increase their professional support network.
- English Editing across Borders Service. This editing service was designed to help international scholars with editing their journal articles for publication. Commission members can and are encouraged to volunteer as editors.
- For more information on participating as a graduate student editor, please take a look at the editing service flyer and then fill out the editor’s information sheet. Please return the editor’s information sheet to Josie Andrews (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- CGS confers a leadership award to recognizes a graduate student who have engaged in outstanding leadership, service, research, and practice to adult and continuing education. Graduate students who exhibit strong leadership skills and make a positive difference on their campus or wider communities through their accomplishments and contributions are encouraged to apply. The CGS award process is under the leadership of the Graduate Student Leadership Committee.
- Click here to read about the 2019 honoree.
- The 2020 award deadline for nominations was June 5, 2020. 2021 nominations will be open March 1, 2021.
Please join us on Facebook and LinkedIn!
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/265329440234410/
LinkedIn Page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/aaacecommissionforgraduatestudents