|The Nominations for 2019 are closed.
AAACE is accepting nominations from Friday, April 5, 2019 until Friday, June 7, 2019 for the following positions: President-Elect and Director-at-Large. Please review all materials in full prior to submitting a nomination. All nominations and nomination materials must be submitted through the form at the bottom of the page. Questions may be sent to BoDnominations@aaace.org.
Qualifications for Elected Office
The qualifications for nomination as President Elect are:
- Is a member of AAACE for a minimum of five (5) years as documented by the national office. Membership does not have to be consecutive, but total five or more years.
- Have served in a leadership position in AAACE, and/or a commission, unit or affiliate organization. This will be demonstrated by a current resume submitted at the time of nomination and materials listed below.
The qualifications for nomination as Director-at-Large are:
- Is a member of AAACE for a minimum of two (2) years as documented by the national office. Membership does not have to be consecutive, but total two or more years.
- Have interest in serving in a leadership position in AAACE, as demonstrated by a current resume submitted at the time of nomination and other nomination materials listed below.
Information for Candidates for Office
- A candidate for national office or a Director’s position in the association must commit to considerable time for teleconference meetings and financial obligation to attend the Annual Conference.
- Board members are expected to attend all teleconference meetings and two meetings at the Annual Conference.
- In the event of two unexcused absences during one year, the President may request the resignation of that board member and fill the vacancy in accordance with the AAACE Bylaws.
- Campaign Guidelines:
- Any campaigning must be conducted ethically and with professional good taste.
- No candidate may solicit a public endorsement from any member of the AAACE Board of Directors, nor may any current Board of Directors member publicly endorse any candidate.
Materials Required of Candidates for Office
- Current resume
- Vision statement concerning the contribution the nominee hopes to make to AAACE (maximum of 500 words)
- Current picture (jpeg file)
- Brief statement of background (250 words)
- Three (3) letters of recommendations. (NOTE: No current member of the Board of Directors may provide a letter recommendation or nomination, per AAACE Bylaws.)
- These letters shall endorse the nominee with supporting and anecdotal evidence of what is stated in the candidate's resume.
- If another AAACE member nominates a person, the nomination letter will serve as one of the letters of recommendation.
Schedule for AAACE Nominations and Elections:
- First Friday in April to first Friday in June: Nominations, including self-nominations, and references letters are requested and encouraged.
- Nominations for officers are closed.
- First Friday in June to first Friday in July: Nominees are confirmed, informed of their nomination, and a brief biography, campaign statement, and digitized photo is requested (see above).
- First Friday in August to last Friday in August: Voting will be done by accessing the secure “Members” section of the AAACE website.
- The national office or the Nominations and Elections Committee confirm the online votes, as determined by the Executive Committee. The results of the tally are sent to the Nominations and Elections Chair, the President and President-Elect
- If you are nominating someone other than yourself: Please complete Sections 1 and 2 by Friday, June 7, 2019. Please note that a letter of recommendation is required to accompany the nomination. All attachments must be submitted as a pdf.
- If you are submitting a self-nomination:
- Please complete Section 1 by Friday, June 7, 2019. A letter of recommendation is not required at this time.
- Please resubmit the form, completing Section 1 and Section 3 by Friday, July 5, 2019. All materials are required to be submitted at this time and must be submitted as a pdf.