Recognizing Persons Having an Outstanding Record of Service
This award recognizes persons who have an outstanding record of service to the profession of adult and continuing education at the state, national, or international level. The award honors an individual who has distinguished himself or herself through meritorious service to adult and continuing education program participants; adult and continuing education institutions, organizations, and agencies; or the profession of adult and continuing education.
The nominator and the nominee must be AAACE members. The nominee must have a minimum of five (5) years full-time employment in the field of adult and continuing education and must currently be engaged in the adult and continuing education profession.
- The award may be given for either a single distinguished achievement or for multiple accomplishments over time.
- The achievement(s) for which the nominee is considered shall give evidence of the person's selfless dedication to service and commitment to the principles that frame adult and continuing education. To the extent consistent with the nature of the nominee's achievements, that service (ideally) can be expected to have continued long-term positive impacts on adult and continuing education students; professionals, institutions, agencies or organizations; and/or the adult and continuing education profession.
- Professional colleagues in adult and continuing education can reasonably be expected, as a direct result of the nominee's distinguished service, to hold the nominee in high regard.
- Through the nominee's service, the nominee shall have demonstrated the vision, leadership, and ethical standards normally associated with the high standards of adult and continuing education professionals.
2019 deadline has passed and 2020 awards will be accepted beginning March 1, 2020
Recipients of Outstanding Service Medallion
- 2019 - Mejai B.M.Avoseh, Ph.D.
- 2018 - No Award
- 2017 - Simone C.O. Conceição, Ph.D.
- 2016 - Gretchen T. Bersch
- 2015 - No award
- 2014 - Dean Barbara S. Calhoun
- 2013 - Marcie Boucouvalas
- 2011 - Susan A.McLean
- 2010 - Amy Rose
- 2009 - Sandra A. Hunter
- 2008 - No Award
- 2007 - Carroll Londoner
- 2006 - Jost Reischmann
- 2005 - John Henschke
- 2004 - No Award
- 2003 - No Award
- 2002 - No Award
- 2001 - No Award
- 2000 - Cle Anderson
- 1999 - No Award
- 1998 - J. William McVey
- 1997 - Richard V. Chierico
- 1996 - No Award
- 1995 - Janet Brown
- 1994 - No Award
- 1993 - Tanya Brunke – In memory of John Furman